Wednesday, March 15, 2006

You Can Leave Your Hat On

The local knitting guild decided that this year’s knitting exchange would be hats. We exchanged yarn at the last meeting. Everybody is excited and looking forward to the December meeting when get to see each other’s work. I looked at the yarn I was given and I’m starting to get some ideas.

I decided to knit a few hats to get in the mood.



The first hat I knitted was a “Simple Fair Isle Hat”. I knitted it using TLC heather yarns from my stash. It is a fair isle hat in name only as there are only 2 rows where more than one color is worked. Still it is a nice pattern and a good looking hat.



The other hat I knitted was based on the mathematical Fibonacci sequence. I knitted this hat using Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I think the numerical sequence created a pleasing pattern of stripes. I’ll be using the Fibonacci sequence later on a sweater that I going to knit with Araucania Blue and Orange Nature Wool.

I like knitting hats; they’re quick and easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home