Monday, August 29, 2005

Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!

For the last month I have been frantically knitting the Kumo pattern found at Knitty. I’m trying to finish it before AnimeFest starts on Sept. 2.



It is a relatively easy pattern. It is mostly a series of rectangles knitted up in stockinette. Some sections have edging done in garter stitch. And the front panels have some shaping to them, produced by knitting some simple decreases. The most involved portions of this project are the cloud patterns done in intarsia.



Being cheap… That is to say, thrifty, I am knitting it up all in cotton. I used Sugar and Cream for this project. I felt that using cotton would produce a durable garment that would get softer with each washing. The downside to this is that the garment is going to be relatively heavy.


As of Monday August 29, I have the back panel, both front panels, one sleeve, and the belt knitted up. The remaining sleeve is about 1/3 complete; I need to knit 21 inches by Wednesday evening so that I can stitch the whole thing together. This is my first really large knitting project that I have tackled. And in such a short time period. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Looks GREAT so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Awesome! I think listening to Ren and Stimpy would be about equivalent to the glue sniffing. But then, I'm old. Mid Century modern isn't a style to me, it's home. Happy knitting.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home