Monday, July 11, 2005

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

This is Agate. She is a Cornish Rex. Like other rexes is cold natured and is happiest snuggled up to a heat source.

So I decided to knit her a sweater. The pattern I used was modified from one on the Lion Brand webpage: www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kff-dogSweater.html

As she is not barrel-chested like a dog and shaped more like a tube, I made the back piece straight with no increases. Plus I didn't add in all the frou-frou. The hardest part of the whole procedure was getting her to stay still while I took her measurements.

Here is the completed sweater.

Here she is voguing in her new sweater.

She hates it right now. But once the weather turns cooler we’ll see what she thinks about it then.

1 Comments:

Blogger lexa said...

Sweet sweater - rexes are so cool! My parents had a cat who we used to put little dresses on because she was a compulsive groomer and used to dig her back raw. That was the only way to get her to stop. She didn't do it until our Siamese cat died. She didn't like it at first, but she got used to it!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home